Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Google Alerts - Alert

In my last post I discussed using Google Alerts to keep track of subjects of interest on the web. I included my name ('Gavin Stewart') in that post so I have had an opportunity to track how quickly it took the service to send me an e-mail (techno-self love...you can't beat it!) . I posted on Monday and I received the e-mail alert early this morning (Wednesday). This is clearly a lot quicker than the example I gave about flickr. Nonetheles, reaching back to my 'technorati' postings of last week, it is still not as quick as the ping service I described. However, I have also just discovered that Technorati is down for scheduled maintenance so maybe the Google Alerts will win this particular race.

This post contains my name as well....round we go again!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home