Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Flickr = 2000 views

I noticed today that I have clocked up over 2000 views on my flickr account. It seemed fitting to post one of my latest pictures to mark this small milestone event.

My five most-viewed pictures make some interesting reading:-

Number 1 is an image of Pat Kane ( WetWetWet?) playing lego at Playtime! last autumn (140 views). He's a pop star so I guess his fans are looking at this one ( though I would be intrigued to know how they come across this particular image - tags? search engine?)

Number 2 is a picture of the the toilet queue for the Big Green Gathering BGG (107 views). There are no famous people in shot, however, I included this image in a flickr group dedicated to the festival and I am guessing that there are a number of people ( like me) fascinated by the pragmatic side of big public events.

Number 3 is a photograph I am actually proud of. This is a an image of a 'green goddess' piece of art work I shot at the BGG last summer ( 106 views).

Number 4 is a also a rather nice shot of a group of kids playing with a large inflatable world (93 views). I am proud of the fact that a couple of people have even made these last two images favourites. I am not a photographer so it is a great honour to have a stranger pick out one of my snaps.

Number 5 is an image from 1989. I loaded up some scans of the pictures I took in Berlin when the wall came down (85 views). This is clearly still an important event as a number of my images of this historic moment have been looked at over the last year.

The image that accompanies this post is a detail of the air conditioning system on the tower of the Space Centre in Leicester, UK. I rather liked these bits of pipe because they reminded me of hands clutching the side of the building. Let's see how well this image does in Gavin's photo chart 2007.

1 Comments:

Blogger jumping jack said...

I realize that I made a bit of a boob in this post by associating Pat Kane with Wet Wet Wet. Pat is, of course, part of Hue and Cry http://www.hueandcry.co.uk/. In fact if I had looked up Pat's name in wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Kane) I would have saved myself a lot of embarrassment.

I guess I won't be winning the pub quiz any time in the near future!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home