Tuesday, August 29, 2006

View of Ben Bulbin from Rosses Point, Sligo

My apologies to everyone who has worked hard this summer, as all I seem to be doing at the moment is blogging my holiday snaps. This latest one was taken during a short visit to Sligo in Ireland.

I can't help looking at this picture afresh and thinking that it is a little too blue. Most of the time I was over in Sligo it was grey and overcast. Ben Bulbin (the mountain in the background - intimately associated with the poet, WB Yeats) spent most of the visit doing the dance of the seven veils with low level cloud. Still it was nice the day that this picture was taken. It was particularly pleasent to get on to the beach and swim in the rolling waves. I guess that is a legitimate memory too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home